Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekly Weigh-in & Week 22 Pictures

Weighing In Today:  119.1 lbs.
Weight Loss for the Week:  2.2 lbs.
Total Weight Loss:  42.2 lbs.
Weight Left to Make Goal:  -0.9 lbs.


      It's come at last!!!  I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am.  This process has begun to wear thin on me.  (Haha.  Pun only slightly intended.)  I'm exhausted and worn out.  Both mentally and physically.  I'm more than ready to lighten up a bit on myself.  Strength training days in particular are going to be revamped.  I have been spent so much time working out on those days, it really wasn't fair to Anna.  The way I look at it, these last 5 1/2 months have been about me and getting to be a little more selfish with my time than I normally would allow.  However, I'm also a mom and I try to be a good one.  My "ME" time is going to have to come back to a normal level and I can take more time to focus on taking Anna outside and we both can get a lot more fresh air and relaxing time.  This doesn't mean to imply that I'm not going to be working out at all anymore.  Cardio days are still the same, but they don't nearly the amount of time strength days do.  Since my stay-at-home-mom-with-no-car situation hasn't changed, I still need workouts I can do from the comfort of my living room.  I'm considering P90X or Insanity, but for now I'm going to be doing a Jillian Michaels workout I found on Youtube and maybe a few more calisthenics thrown in for good measure.  I'm all for any good suggestions you guys have. 


Week 1

 Week 4
 
 Week 8

 Week 12

 Week 16

 Week 22

Before & After

      You can't tell as well from these pictures, but this swimsuit really doesn't fit me anymore.  Haha.  There's a lot of extra fabric it's ridiculous.  I'm kinda hunched a little in the last picture I'm looking to the side (toward the picture frames) because we took them this morning before Anna woke up.  She heard the sound of the camera from her room and kept saying, "Oh wow! Take a picture!".  Haha!  I love that little girl.  Ty and I couldn't stop laughing. 

      I'm so happy with how far I've come and how well I've done.  I've worked so hard and the results are definitely easy to see.  During this process and along the way, people have asked me what my secret is or how I did it.  The truth is there is no magic or secret weapons I've used to lose all this weight.  I'm just like so many other SAHMs (Stay At Home Moms) who want/need to get their workout in.  I don't have a car and we are on a limited budget, so a gym is out of the question.  We are lucky that our complex has a gym with treadmills because we couldn't fit ours in our condo.  If I didn't have that, I would still probably try running outside.  Easy and free.  My strength training days have consisted of youtube workout videos (BikiniBodyMommy, Jillian Michaels videos) and workouts from an app.  Awhile ago, a friend of mine posted a KSL article on key strategies to losing weight and they are all exactly right one.  Go here to read the article.  I think the key from here on out to keeping the weight off is sticking with my monthly meal plan.  I'll be checking in here and there to let you know how I'm doing and to keep myself accountable.  I hope everyone has the same great success I've had! 'Til next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment