Monday, June 20, 2011

Final Weigh In

Weighing in today @:  128.5 lbs.

Weight Loss for the Week:  3 lbs.

Total Weight Loss:  41.5 lbs.

    I believe the appropriate response to this is BOO-YA!!!!!  I made it!  What's really funny is the Dora "We did it" song has been playing on repeat in my head.  :)  Not sure why since I've only seen bits and pieces of that show, but regardless, it's totally appropriate.  Can you believe it?!  I finally reached my goal.  Excuse me, not just reached it, I surpassed it!  What an amazing feeling?  

    In honor of the momentous occasion, I wanted take a little trip down memory lane  and show you how I saw my continual progress on the chart I colored in every week.




And now for the final entry mark:

    I actually had to sort of draw above the chart because I hadn't planned for this.  Incredible!  Now I bet you'd like to see what I look like don't you?


    I'm not sure you can see a HUGE difference between the second and third picture, but the first and last are astounding.  I can't believe how chubby I was!  Okay, I can believe it, but it's still amazing that I let myself get to a place where I looked like that.  I will tell you I'm thrilled to go clothes shopping.  Except for a few shirts I kept around (because I was in denial that they wouldn't fit me or because I planned on loosing the weight "really soon") from before the weight gain, nothing fits me.  In fact the skirt in that last picture is practically falling off.  There are some jeans that fit when I first weighed in (again) at 135 and they are a bit baggy.  Even the leggings I have are sagging.  Basically, I NEED new clothes.  However, so as not to bust the bank, I plan on getting thrifty and hitting places like Value Village first to see if I can find some steal items.  Mostly right now, I'd just like to find some shorts and pants.  The shorts I have from last year look ridiculous on me.  I could wear a belt, but when I do it bunches where the button and zipper are and that's just not attractive or appealing.  Another item on my list is a dress.  The one I wore at Easter:
now sags horribly on me.




    I feel so good and I'm so proud of myself for all the really hard work I've put in.  If I could give any kind of advice, it would be do this only when you are ready.  And by ready, I mean mentally ready.  Once you have mentally geared yourself up for this, then prepare yourself by getting the tools you'll need.  Stock up on food, come up with a workout routine(s), surround yourself with positive people, and keep yourself accountable.  One of the best things I did was calling myself out by opening up on this blog.  It's been sort of intimidating letting you all in and sharing my diet and workouts, but it's helped me immensely.  

    Now that I've said that, you probably won't see me on here for awhile as I plan on taking a bit of a sabbatical.  My goal is to maintain through July and then go from there.  July is reunion season for us and I don't want to be sooo focused on what I'm eating that I'm not taking the time to enjoy spending time with family.  Also, I kind of need a break from this crazy thing I've been doing for the last 5 1/2 months.  I'm tired and worn out and would like to recharge my batteries with a little Summer fun.  That's not to say I still don't plan on being smart.  I'll still be eating the same kind of meals, well maybe a few more fun ones, but for the most part it will be the same.  In fact, Ty has requested that it be so.  :)  Apparently, he likes it when his wife routinely cooks meals and when there is a plan for dinner so he doesn't have to ask (or if he does I can actually tell him).  So dear friends and family, I love you all and thank you for the amazing support and encouragement you've all given me.  Y'all are da best!

2 comments: