Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In

Weighing In Today:  157.9 lbs.

Weight Loss for the Week:  3.4 lbs.

Total Weight Loss:  3.4 lbs.

Weight Left to Make Goal:  42.9 lbs.


      Huzzah!  I've been looking forward to this day all week.  I was really hoping that my newest weight would start with 157.  It wasn't mentioned in either of my previous posts, but I'm actually using my scale that uses a .1 lb. difference, rather than my old one that goes by .5 lb.  I like it better because I feel like it keeps me better accountable and is more accurate.  For kicks, I did weigh myself on the old scale and it said that I'm at 156 lbs.  A 2 lb. difference doesn't seem like much, but like I said, I want to keep myself accountable and because it only goes by .5 lb. it's possible that the difference is more.  Anyway, I'm very excited about this progress.  I'm hoping for just as amazing results next week, but not expecting it.  I don't want to be disappointed with any possible "Biggest Loser second week" kind of weigh-ins.  

      When starting this, I had to make a commitment to myself.  A commitment to only weigh myself once.  So, I took my scale out of the bathroom, where I normally keep it.  Before this, I would seriously weigh myself more than once a day hoping the numbers would go down even just a little.  This is NOT healthy! Even though all week I would wonder (maybe a little obsessively) what my weight was, I'm so glad I kept my word to myself and didn't try to sneak a check.  I think this will be a great way to build trust with myself.  That sounds weird, but I really don't trust myself to make good and healthy decisions subconsciously.  After this is all over, I want to trust that I can lose the weight and do a better job of keeping it off than I did last time. 

      I said before that I'm following the Bikini Body Mommy workout routine.  She has been doing videos of her workouts and that has been really helpful.  She, also, does a "Sunday Skinny" every week and this week she talked about body image.  One thing she said was that she hoped that we didn't start following her for the weight loss, but rather for gaining strength because the weight loss will come with that.  I understood why she was saying that.  She has kids and wants to set a good example and not have them worry about body image.  That this was about becoming healthy, not just changing what we look like.  I get it, I do.  But I'm going to be superficial here and say, I started this for the weight loss first and foremost.  I'm not worried about becoming strong, I feel like I already knew that as I work out and transform my body, I'll gain the strength and endurance I want to do the things with my family that I really want to do.  However, I also want to look good doing it.  I love spending time with my husband's family, but I'm gonna put it plan for ya.  I'm the chubby bunny of the bunch.  I HATE it.  We take family pictures every year and every year I want to cry because once again there will be evidence that I'm the odd one out.  The youngest brother is getting married this year and his wife-to-be is gorgeous and also athletic and skinny.  I know that I'm a beautiful woman, but it's hard to see through the layers of chub.  So yes.  I'm in it to lose weight and look awesome (and strong!) because I don't want to hide away from the camera.  I want to have evidence that I lived and looked good doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment