Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In

Weighing In Today:  155.4 lbs.

Weight Loss for the Week:  2.5 lbs.

Total Weight Loss:  5.9 lbs.

Weight Left to Make Goal:  40.4 lbs.


       I've been anxious about this weigh in most of the week.  I was debating what to do in situations like this before I started everything.  Where I would hit a weight that started with goal, but still above in the decimal amount.  Should I be strict and not give myself the reward unless my weight is at the goal ".0" or under?  Or count it as long as my weight number starts with the goal?  The last time I did my big weight loss I was using a .5lbs. scale.  Now that I'm using a .1lbs. scale I had to choose to be specific.  So I decided that I would have to weight for the scale to show the goal with a .0 behind it or under the goal in order to get the reward.  This week lady time came a little earlier than expected and that made me anxious that I would be to bloated to show my work.  When I weighed myself this morning and saw that yes I had lost a good amount of weight, but was still shy of my goal by .4lbs. I was kind of bummed.  My goal for getting to 155 is for our family to visit the Ice Castles in Midway.  Since I heard about them I've really wanted to go.  They are only open until mid February so I felt like losing the weight would be a good incentive to get moving so I could go.  

      After I weighed myself, I told Ty my predicament and he said to take the reward and chalk up not hitting the goal to being bloated.  Don't have to twist my arm!  Truthfully, I was hoping that he'd say that.  And really, I need to give myself some slack because I did just lose almost 6 lbs.! When I started, my initial weight was 161.3.  If I had started at 160 then I would have surpassed my goal.  Also, next week, I will for sure be under 155, so basically, I'm just taking the reward a little early.  I think I will take this one and then the rest will be as I planned.  I'm really excited.  I may have to figure out a different goal for the one where I get new music, because when I do my running cardio, I've been listening to my Dance Cardio station on Pandora.  Well, I don't have the data for that and it really is the best way for me to stay motivated during a run.  I have a free CD that I downloaded the last time I lost weight, but it wasn't doing much for me.  I'm going to listen to my Pandora today and make a list of all the songs I want to get and buy them before tomorrow's run. 

      One last little tidbit for you.  Ummmmm, 155!!!! I haven't been 155 since before I was pregnant with Anna when I was doing my big weight loss the last time.  In fact, according to the weight loss chart from that go around I was at 154.5 on March 7, 2011.  Since I know that that scale is off by around 2 lbs., then I was probably at the same weight I am now, THREE YEARS AGO.  Since having Anna, the lowest I've been was around 157 when I was losing weight, just before the miscarriage.  Getting past that number means so much more than just looking better.  The miscarriage was hard on my body and emotionally, I've had moments of depression that I've struggled with.  Getting past that 157 marker, for me symbolizes moving past the miscarriage and to the body that I was striving for before it happened.  I still want to have more children and hope to get pregnant soon (even if that cuts this weight loss journey short), but I'm ready for my body to heal and be where it needs to so that I can carry another little one healthily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment