Monday, January 6, 2014

Weight Loss Challenge Redux

      Here we are again!  Remember that time I lost 40 pounds?  It was awesome.  I think I'll do it again.  :)  Because after that time I lost 40 pounds, there was that time I became pregnant and gained weight and couldn't lose it because the stress of being a new mommy got to me.  I started back losing weight again last Summer.  Then I hit a road block.  Happily, I found out I was pregnant.  Then, sadly I found out that it was an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery, which ended up being a removal of my left fallopian tube (ovary is fine and intact) and a liter of blood.  A surgery that ended up saving my life, but changed it forever.  Afterwards, working out and healthy eating went on the back burner.  I gained a bit of weight back and now I'm really ready to get rid of it and the rest of the weight I've been carrying around for too long.


     I've already put together a plan and rewards for each 5 pound weight goal.  Starting tomorrow, I'm going to do the 30 day diet again.  The meal plan is made.  Actually, I made a plan for January and February.  I want to go back to my typical menu plan, which is basically healthy meals Monday through Thursday and Friday through Sunday are more fun dinners.  I'll, also, be counting counting calories with My Fitness Pal.  I really need the extra help with knowing where my food is going.  Workouts, I'm going to be following the Bikini Body Mommy workout plan, which starts tomorrow.  I have backup workouts that I can do if anything feels too much for me, but I will plan on giving everything a try before I decide anything. 


      This time around I'll be starting about 10 pounds lighter, but my goal weight is 10 pounds less as well.  I'm excited.  I really want to make it and make it work.  I'm not going to be posting everything I'm eating or every workout I do like I did before.  I feel like My Fitness Pal is pretty good about that since there is a social aspect to it.  I'm looking forward to getting motivation and encouragement  there as well.  What I will be posting on this blog, is weigh-ins, recipe tutorials, reward achievements, and filling you in on how I'm doing along the way.  I also will be showing my progress pictures.  Confession, I've had a migraine today so I haven't taken my before pictures or done my measurements yet.  I plan on doing that tomorrow and will hopefully get that up in the next few days.

      Wish me luck all!  I'm excited about doing this journey again.  It's gonna be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment