Monday, July 5, 2010

Going to the Movies snacks

Ty and I went to go see "The Last Airbender" and it's pretty much a given that if I go in saying, "This time I'm not getting popcorn," as soon as I step within those walls every ounce of willpower will vanish at the lovely scent of divine butter and popped corn.  Growing up, that's just how it's always done.  You watch a movie, you eat popcorn.  Oh and the more butter, the better.  Knowing that I have this weak spot, and knowing that we were going to a movie, I did a little caloric research to find out what I would be in for.  A small popcorn is about 630 calories.  I'm not down for that.  So, what did I do?  I took part in the time-honored tradition of sneaking in my own snacks.  Cheaper and less calories.

I actually popped a bag of Movie Popcorn and put it in a ziploc bag and stuffed it into my "larger-than-life" purse.  I grabbed a few other snackies and my 1.5 liter water bottle and strategically placed them in my bag.  Oh yeah, it all fit.  As well as my wallet.  I love that bag.  :)

I did eat most of the bag of popcorn (about 2.25 servings out of the 2.5 that are in one) and a handful of each of the Cookie Dough Bites.

Total damage Calories:  315.65
Compared to what it would have been with just the small bag of Theater popcorn and a soda, I think I did pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment